Tuesday 24 November 2009

Busy Bee

Does the end of the year always seem to get busy all of a sudden for you? It does for me. I've spent the last week feeling like the momentum is gaining quite a trot already and it's not even December yet!

I had the decadence of a poppet free day today thanks to my fantastic mother in law (Hi Robyn!) so I used it to sew in peace and quiet. Lots of new sun hats to make up for all the hats I sold last weekend. New library bags too. But I am only putting some of the new items on the website as I need to keep some stock for the markets!

I also dropped the dog off at the puppy parlour for her 6-weekly grooming session. Here she is pre-fluffing, then post-fluffing. A great improvement I say! And the hilarious thing is she has taken to riding in the poppet's car seat both with and without the poppet. Our dog is very safety conscious!

Photobucket Photobucket

In the middle of all my preparations for my remaining two markets for the year, I've also been on the hunt for a new bedroom suite/furniture. I had an idea of my bedroom being all stylish in a black and white colour scheme. That asked for an either black or white bed head. After much hunting, not a decent one to be found in Adelaide. So I compromised. I can do the stylish black and white scheme with a wooden bed, can't I???? Hmmm, it didn't sit quite as well with me but I reasoned that Adelaide had such a shortage of decent beds that I might have to side step just slightly from my original vision.

The requirements for our bed are a) to have a tall, majorly tall bedhead (I'm 5' 11" so for some reason I think my bed head needs to be tall too!), b) can't be upholstered as I have a bald husband who could do some serious sweaty head damage to the noice fabric and c) not be modern but not country bumpkin style either. Clear as mud?!

Anyhoo, the saga is not over. The husband and I have decided that we will put some decent money into this suite and buy something that will last a long time. But you think we can find it??? We want to spend money and we can't find what we want!!!! How crazy is that!?

But in my travels I did come across this gem of a chair, upholstered in a fabric very similar to this one I was drooling over. The fabric is by Warwick Fabrics and is called Chivas in the Onyx colour range. Slightly flocked and very swish! Now to decide whether to cover my chaise lounge in this or give up on the black and white scheme. But I love it so!..........

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessi said...

don't give up on it! it is is beautiful!