Tuesday 18 August 2009

Can I keep her mum?? Pleeeease?

Another vintage sewing machine followed me home this week. I think this is starting to get out of hand...

I give them loving homes. I care for them, I dust and protect them, I use them so they feel they have a purpose in life. What else could one do for a lonely, neglected vintage sewing machine??

Here is the new addition to the vintage sewing machine family. A Singer model 190. But the bizarre thing is that I can't find any reference to that model Singer anywhere on the net! Can anyone help me out here? Do you own a Singer 190 or know someone who does? She didn't come with any instruction manuals or attachments, what you see is what you get. She is a zig zag machine. That's all I know. She works and looks pretty. Bonus.

Photobucket

I have also finished a lap top cover for a good friend who has waited very patiently for her order to be filled. Customer choice of fabrics and I must say I love the combo of fabrics. The colours go so well together! This bag is much like my library bags but with a zipper. I sourced this gorgeous fabric from the ever gorgeous and helpful Sarah at Quilt Fabric Delights. Outer fabric is Garden Party by Free Spirit and the lining is Kokka Animal Faces Pink Red Blue on Cream.

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Miss C said...

I must say that I love your friends taste :)

Unknown said...

Yes great bag ! Aren't you kind giving that Singer a good home .

Tammy said...

Oh the animal faces fabris is sooooo cute ! I love it, the bag is gorgeous. Can't help you with the beautiful classic looking machine Sorry.

Julie said...

Its very similar to the machineI picked up earlier in the year. I have a little manual. http://juliespp.blogspot.com/2009/04/garage-sale-treasures.html

Karen said...

Very cute bag Gilly...love the fabric.

I think my Nanna had a machine like that one but I'm not sure where it ended up. If I find it or it's manual I'll let you know.

Nikki said...

Totally understand the vintage machine love... but unfortunately don't have any manuals or advice - only envy!!

Anonymous said...

oooh I love the laptop sleeve you have made and I can't believe you have ANOTHER gorgeous vintage machine! how wonderful is that