Wednesday 25 June 2008

I feel so happy but a smidge guilty

My sister in law told me of a book shed that's in the hills near here. It's a little like a book op shop where people donate their books and others, like me, then buy them. If you look at my purchase like this
it looks like I went crazy and bought two thirds of the Little Golden Books there (which I did, well 35 of them anyway). And all for the unheard of prices of 20 cents and 30 cents. That's the guilty bit for some reason...

But then if you look at them like this

you might say, oooh, ahhh, what choices you've made, what treasures you've found! That's the happy bit! This is a little selection of what I found today. My particular favourites in this shot are 'Happy Birthday' - love the illustrations, and 'The Twins' - that one reminds me of the Stepford Wives for some reason...... Now off to catalogue them!

4 comments:

Betty Jo said...

And maybe a bit guilty because you might just have the beginnings of an unquenchable addiction.... LGB's can be like that.I have a male addict friend who knows every one EVER published, and owns most of them.

Jodie said...

ooh I had Smokey bear and Happy Birthday and Danny Beaver when I was a kid. I loved them!

Marina said...

Lucky you. I remember having that Alice in Wonderland one when I was little......

Mumi said...

ohh, I have a LGB collection too, frosty the snow man is one of my faves...