Friday 4 July 2008

Fabulous things in small and rectangular packages

My, oh my, do I love the postie!

He brought all sorts of crafty goodness to my letterbox yesterday and yes siree, I did squeal with excitement!!

Firstly, a very kind, thoughtful and boy, oh boy, stupendously fabulous parcel from Ric Rac. Here's the before pic... (please notice the left hand corner of the postcard missing.... that's from me ripping my parcel opening in rash gluttony)....


And here's the delicious after. A divine little birdie in a cage! I got one!! (forgive the ridiculous gloating moment)....

My birdie is yet to be named. But she is hanging in my studio right near my machine. I almost heard her tweeting today. Please notice the french knot eye and embroidered beak! How sweet! Thanks so much Miss Ric Rac.

And if that wasn't enough excitement in one day for a housewife like me, then there was also this little number from gorgeous Betty Jo...

Obviously someone is reading this blog to know that I collect LGB and psychically knew that I didn't have this one! And a fabulous 80's Miss Piggy swap card for my other collection. Ah the joys... Thanks Betty Jo!!

Warning..... mushy moment coming up next..... but don't you just feel a happy glow inside when you can reach out to people you've never met, share some crafty goodness, and maybe make someone smile? I know I do....

5 comments:

trash said...

Loving the blogoverse love. Isn't it a happy place to be?

CurlyPops said...

That is so cool! I love getting little pressies in the mail....so much nicer than the usual assortment of bills that the postie leaves!

Cathy said...

Lucky YOu. Just love all your goodies. The bird in the cage is just beautiful.

Jodie said...

ooh, I've been away all weekend ! I'm so glad she got there safely (and quickly). and you seem to have forgotten to mention all the kind and generous things that you do - to deserve small parcels of thanks my dear.

Missie Krissie said...

Hello!!
You have no idea what I just went through to find your blog again! 32 other blogs to be exact. Sorry that must sound strange. I'll explain, a while ago I read this post about the exciting things you got in the post... and was very jealous. :) But I also took note that you collect Little Golden Books. Today I bought 3 from an op shop, then I thought of you. So I went through all the other blogs to find this post (because I forgot who posted it). So after all that I better tell you the names of the books I got: 'Words', 'The Pokey Little Puppy' & 'Peter Pan & Wendy'. If you would like one or all, give me your address and I'll send them on to you. Phew! Sorry about the huge comment!! Cheers, Kristie :)