Sunday 20 September 2009

No, I haven't been to visit the queen...

Where have I been?

Being a busy housewife, dealing with biting children, losing my favourite glasses (having them stolen whilst in an op-shop but that's another story), being crafty, enjoying the sunshine.

Things that fill my every day with busy-ness and happiness. Photos of some of my busy-ness follow including a knitting needle roll that now houses my rarely used needles...

Photobucket Photobucket

The other thing that has been keeping my brain busy and up at 3am of late has been the brain poppingly exciting decision to find someone to share my eggs with. What's that you say? My chooks are too prolific and I have had it up to the eyeballs with omelettes?

No, I've decided that now that my husband and I have completed our family (at the grand total of one child) that I would love to help another woman who is yet to be enveloped in the bliss that is motherhood share in the experience. I'm donating my eggs to a woman who needs them to become pregnant and birth her own child. Why, you ask? That's really hard to put into words but the easiest way to describe it is that it makes me all warm and fuzzy. And it's ace fun.
And no, you don't get paid here in Australia to donate eggs... so I'm not selling my body parts to fund my fabric addiction!

So now that I've clicked with my intended parents, the 'oh my gosh is it really going to happen?' stage is over and hopefully it all goes ahead swimmingly... pardon the pun.

Back to sensible crafty topics now that I have some spare room amongst the neurons.... I've been expanding my newly acquired love of covering buttons through to girly hair clippies. Boyo, boy, are these addictive too!!?? Soon to be (hopefully tonight) loaded up to the Silly Gilly shop.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

7 comments:

trash said...

Am pleased for you and am sure it will all go well. Yay for good-hearted people. Plus ooooo! pretty bows.

Hahahahaha! Word verification is 'rentedly'! Seriously blogger are you messing with our minds??

Alissa said...

I love your flower clips! Fantastic work :) Just this week I had a go at makeing felt flowers, it is not shown in the picture on my blog but I later attached some to clips. What fun to proudly wear your handy work (as ameture as my efforts were). A link if you're interested...
http://craftalicious-caper.blogspot.com/2009/09/felt-embellishments.html

CurlyPops said...

That is so generous of you to donate your eggs to another couple. I hope it all goes swimmingly well too!

Jodie said...

Busy ??? What an understatement !

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Yay for you! How lovely to help other people become parents and to help create a new 'family'! Seriously wonderful :) Have thought about it myself.
And the bows and clips are fantastic!! xox

Anonymous said...

oh Gilly that is such a wonderful things you are doing!! and your knitting needle roll and clips are ADORABLE so so so pretty

tea and cake said...

You are amazingly generous. Well done, You! And good luck with the adventure xxx

* my word verifications was cotamsup - spooky!