Saturday 20 December 2008

Jewel coloured fabrics

I was very lucky to have some time whilst in Bali to visit Denpasar and its fabric shops.

It was a sewing gal's dream. Shop after shop after shop full of fabrics. All sorts. Batik, quilting quality, kids prints, you name it, I'm sure you could have found it.

I went only slightly silly in my fabric purchases. All the time thinking that I should retain the Silly Gilly style, and don't go overboard with buying simply everything! I found polka dots, mini dots, happy frogs, geckos, elephants, flowers, stars, and so much more.

So here are a few happy snaps of my newly arrived stash, safe at home in the studio...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These delicious prints will be made up into Silly Gilly items such as hats, smocks and more over the coming months. If you see a fabric you just have to have, contact me and I'll see what I can make up for you!

Now.... to find a spot for all this new fabric!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

i'm drooling :) and turning green!

Michelle said...

Lovely!

Liesl said...

I was looking forward to seeing this post! The fabric is fantastic. It would have been heaps of fun fabric shopping in Denpasar.

Anonymous said...

oh what heaven!! lucky girl :)

Leigh said...

I just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!