Friday 1 May 2009

My weekend at Inspired Stitches

It was a wonderful weekend hosted by Sarah of Quilt Fabric Delights, held at Marion here in SA. I managed to wangle a leave pass from the boss for the weekend, so he and my daughter ate fast food and lolled about the house whilst I to stitch and stay overnight for a weekend of relaxing.

Firstly I shopped, then sat and stitched. The shopped some more. Then stitched. You get the idea. Lots of learning how to be proficient at hand stitching, something with which I'm not that savvy. I met some lovely gals next to me who were my table buddies and later Saturday evening my dinner buddies. Very nice to meet women with so much in common. Judith and Vickie and Jackie, you know who you are!!

I was shopping for my family and I this time, which is unusual and a nice treat, as I usually fabric shop just for Silly Gilly. Lots of new projects to start on now, including a couple of bags using a pattern Melly provided for the weekend. Also a new pattern for a winter top for my daughter.
And of course some fabric... just because. :) Note all of these fabrics are available from Quilt Fabric Delight's online store. Sarah's customer service is brilliant!!


From L-R: 70's Rainbow Garden by Prints Charming
Cathedral by Anna Maria Horner
Andalucia Tiny Dots Paprika by Michael Miller


From L-R: Garden Maze/Midwest Modern by Amy Butler
Happy Dots/Midwest Modern by Amy Butler


Garden Party by Free Spirit


From L-R: Paisley Garden by Prints Charming
Starburst by Prints Charming
City Blooms by Kitty Yoshida


Kyoko pattern by Modkid - top for my daughter

Lots of colours that I wouldn't usually use. I tried to be more bold in my combinations of fabrics to use together. That's one thing I admire in others - their ability to put different fabircs together and have the whole look so cohesive and appealing.

And the most delicious purchase of the weekend was.....


A layer cake of Sweet fabric by Urban Chiks.

40 squares of 10" x 10" fifties and forties inspired deliciousness. I have absolutely no project for this at all but am leaning toward a quilt perhaps? I think I'll just look at it and stroke it for a while.....

3 comments:

rachelmp said...

Nice shopping! Sounds like a fantastic way to spend your weekend!

Unknown said...

Lovely fabric!

Cass said...

Great fabrics