Saturday 5 September 2009

Baking of all sorts

I'm a self confessed bake-a-holic. I love baking. I also love eating the baked goods a little too much but that's another blog post.

Here's a few cakes I've done recently, both for my husband's work colleagues and for a neighbour's 8 year old son. The snake cake was a joint collaboration with my crafty friend Kate.

Photobucket Photobucket
Vanilla triple layer cake with strawberry cake middle layer. Layered inside with cream cheese icing and strawberry jam. Covered with cream cheese icing and strawberries.

Photobucket
Chocolate cake with chocolate marbled icing, covered with chocolate ganache and toasted slivered almonds.

Photobucket

I've also been delving into the Moda Bake Shop, thanks to a link by Thornberry. Lara made her daughter the most gorgeous skirt which I promptly decided that I would make a very similar copy for my daughter. It's all but finished, just waiting for the little poppet to wake up so I can measure the elastic for the waist. Here's a sneak peek, from late last night.

Photobucket

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Yummo, they look absolutely delicious. Is it wrong to want to eat cake for brekky?

Cosy said...

Wow Gilly! These cakes are magnificant! You are a wonder, I tell you.

And no, it's not wrong to eat cake for breakfast. Trust me.

Carolyn

Megs said...

They look extremely yummy!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

YUM! Those cakes are fantastic! And how appropriate to be hanging out in Mode bake shop ;) xox

Unknown said...

Hoping the Adelaide Brown Owls get to sample some of that delicious baking!

Tracey said...

i agree with Gillian hehe. Nice job - expecially the strawberry one.. Mmm

Umatji said...

oh I just drooled into the gaps between the keys on the keyboard. Now how am I supposed to deal with that??