Sunday 21 September 2008

Garage Sales and Apron Sneak Peek

I'm trying out some new layout styles with my blog, courtesy of a fantastic tutorial by Megan at My Everyday Chaos. She has a tutorial on how to change the size of your photos in blogger. It's such an easy to follow tute, and I'm enjoying the playing around.

Fabric

Above is a photo of some delicious fabrics I found at a garage sale this weekend. Left to right, some lovely heavy weight gingham, fantastically bright red floral which I think I'll use for a girls summer hat for the store, a light weight, slightly open weave fabric with a 40's style print of children playing and lastly, another fabulous 40's style print. Both the last two seem destined for skirts or summer tops.

And I was hideously decadent Friday night and kept working on my new apron.
Yes it is All. For. Me. Call me indulgent, selfish, plain outright crazy, but it's nice once in a while, when you sew for your business, to go silly and sew something that you will wear yourself. Have a sneaky look at how it's coming along...

Apron

The fabric I have used is by Anna Griffin and is called Elsie's Kitchen Pattern #24570. I loved the 50's look fabric as soon as I laid eyes on it. It definitely came under the category of impulse buy but I'm still smitten so I think that's ok! Paired with some nice cheap, reliable gingham from Spotlight and some vintage bias binding, it's coming together nicely. More photos soon!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Great photos !!!! I love that Elsie's kitchen print - delicious!

Anonymous said...

lucky you scoring that fabric! what an amazing find. I LOVE your BIG photos

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

The blue and yellow is a gorgeous colour combo - what a great fabric!

Kirsty said...

That fabric is absolutely gorgeous!